Canon Copier Secured Print Feature, Use the Canon copier’s Secured Print feature if you want to print a sensitive document on a copier, but do not want the document to be sitting openly on the output tray for others to see. Printing a Sensitive Document Using the Canon Secured Print Feature
- From the Print menu, click and open the “Copies & Pages” drop down list.
- From the drop down list, select “Special Features.”
- Click and open the “Job Processing” drop down list. Select “Secured Print” and click “Print.”
- You will be prompted to enter a document name, user name, and a password. The document name identifies your print job. The password can be any number you define and will be used to release the print job when you are at the copier. Click “OK;” and your print job will be sent to the copier, waiting to be released.
- Select [Print] from the [File] menu of the application software you are using for the document to print → display the [Print] dialog box → click [Properties].
- Click the [Output Method] drop-down list → select [Secured Print].
- Click [OK] in the message box to switch to the Secured Print mode.
- Click [OK] to close the printer driver screen → click [OK].
- Enter the user name and password → click [OK]. File name is displayed for [Document Name], but you can change it to a desired name. The Secured Print job sent from the computer is stored in the machine.
Releasing the Print Job at the Canon Copier
- Press [Secure Print].If the desired function is not displayed on the Main Menu screen, press [Show All].2.Press [My Job Status] or [Job Status].3.Select the document that you want to print → press [Secure Print].To display only secured documents (including encrypted secured documents) in the [Job Status] list, select [Secure Print] in the type selection drop-down list.To select all of the jobs, press [Select All]. (If a destination is already selected, this key changes to [Clear Selection].)