In the following article, you will be shown how to install and use laptop printing for UMaine. Please note this only pertains to personally owned devices in which you wish to printing to the Union Cluster or Fogler Cluster.
Downloading the Laptop Printing package.
- Visit www.umaine.edu/it to download.
- Double Click the DMG file that just downloaded to open.
- Run the UM_Wifi_Print Script you see there.
- This will install the print drivers and pharos popup.
- If you get errors with this, please contact the UTSC at 800-696-4357 or email@example.com.
Printing in Black and White or in Color
If the document has color anywhere in it, the print job will automatically be switched to color. If you wish to force it to Black and White, please follow these steps.
- When printing, choose which Cluster you want to send it to.
- In the drop down that says "Layout" change to "Quality"
- Under "Color Mode" select "Black and White" or "Color"
- Doing this will force the job to be submitted as one or the other.