Paid Time Off
The following is a brief summary of paid leave benefits offered by the University of Maine System. Eligible employees may be paid (or unpaid) for Annual Leave (Vacation), Disability Leave (Sick Time), Administrative Holidays & Leaves, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Military Leave, Family Medical Leave and Holidays.
Benefits coverage generally continue without interruption during paid leaves of absences. Depending on the type of unpaid leave, some benefits coverage may or may not be continuous, however, if the employee elects to continue coverage during the unpaid leave of absence, the employee is responsible for paying their share of any premiums due. Employees should consult appropriate collective bargaining contracts or employee handbooks (non-represented) for details.
- 0750.10 Holiday Pay
- 0750.20 Administrative Leave and Administrative Holiday
- 0750.30 Impact of Work Year Calendar on Leave Accruals
- 0750.50 Paid Leave - Sick or Disability Leave
- 0750.51 Paid Leave - Vacation or Annual Leave
- 0750.52 Maine Earned Personal Leave