- Also see UMS Academy Training:
- Visit UMS Academy to sign in
- Direct link: https://learnit.hoonuit.com/1008238/learnit/1038117
Description: Time Approvers may search for employee payable time based on several different criteria. Manager Search Options allows time approvers to set up preferences and display options for viewing employees. The search information is used as the default for manager self-service pages where there is an Employee Selection Criteria option. This aricle provides details on setting your default criteria and options on the Manager Search Options page.
Navigation: Time Approver Work Center >Tools > Manager Search Options or NavBar/Navigator > Manager Self Service > Time Management > Manager Search Options
- On the left top side of the page, Loading of Matching Employees provides 2 options:
- By selecting the Auto Populate Results radio button, your employee grid auto populates based on your criteria
- By selecting the Prompt for Results radio button, your grid of employees will not auto populate. Instead, you will need to click the Get Employees button to populate your employee grid.
- On the right top side of the page, Default Criteria Presentation provides 2 options:
- By selecting the Show Criteria List Collapsed radio button, your Employee Selection Criteria will be collapsed.
- By selecting the Show Criteria List Expanded radio button your Employee Selection Criteria will be expanded.
- Uncheck the Show Schedule Information since the University does not utilize schedule functionality at this time.
- In the Employee Selection Criteria, you may click the magnifying glass to search for a valid option for each of the fields that can be used to search for your employees:
- Time Reporter Group is also known as a Dynamic Group
- Employee ID can be used to search for just one employee.
- Empl Record is the job record number used for employees who have multiple jobs.
- Last Name and First Name of employees.
- Business Unit criteria can be used to limit to a campus of employment.
- Job Code distinguishes different types of jobs.
- Job Description is the short description of the job code.
- Department is the HR department of employment
- Supervisor ID is not currently used.
- Reports to Position Number can be used to find all employees who report to a specific supervisor.
- Location Code will include employees at a specific location.
- Company is always UMS so selection criteria is not required.
- North American Pay Group can be set to include only the following pay group: STU = Student employees, BWK = Hourly employees or MON = Salaried employees.
- Workgroup can be used to differentiate types of time reporters.
- the Selection Criterion Value column, enter the employee selection criteria you want to use when searching for employees. This search information will be the default for manager self-service pages where there is an Employee Selection Criteria option. A partial value may be entered in any search field to get a list of employees with similar values. In the example, you can see that I’ve entered a Reports to Position Number so only employees who report to this position will be displayed in the employee grid.
You can use more than one criteria to narrow your search results; for example, Time Reporter Group and Paygroup. Entering those two criteria will return all employees in a group paid on the same pay cycle. Be mindful that if you enter too specific criteria your search might result in incomplete outcomes.
- Check the Include in Criteria box beside each field to denote whether the field is displayed as part of the criteria that can be searched on. If you have any default selection criterion values, the Include in Criteria box must also be checked. Uncheck those that are not currently being used or those that you will not need.
- Use the Include in List column to select whether and how the field is displayed in your employee grid.
- In the Data Loading in Time Management section, enter the maximum number of rows that you would like the Employee search to load. The number entered controls the initial number of rows, or chunk uploaded, and the rows added with each incremental upload. This is helpful if you manage a lot of employees. Manage Schedules and Absence Requests are not currently being used.