Description: Student employees who are paid on a bi-weekly basis enter Punch Time on a daily basis for each day worked. Punch time is recorded on your employee Timesheet in MaineStreet. This topic walks you through the process of entering Punch Time.
Student employees should remember:
- to enter their time after each shift
- to only enter time on their timesheet for hours actually worked
- to enter time on the correct day and at the correct times that the actual work was completed
- to enter punch times with the correct designation of AM & PM
- to be certain that there is no overlapping or duplicate time on timesheets across multiple jobs
Navigation: From the mycampus.maine.edu employee portal, click Employee Self-Service (MaineStreet menu), and then on the Time tile navigate to the Timesheet .
If you have multiple job, select the job for which you need to enter time.
- View By: The default View By value should be Day. This view displays the current day.
If you encounter issues with your new student job, change to View by Day.
- Date: The Date field will default to today’s date. To enter time for a different Day, enter a date in the Date field, then click the refresh icon. You may also switch days using the Previous Day and Next Day links.
- In: Enter your start time in the In field,
- Out: Enter your clock-out time in the Out field.
Be sure to use AM and PM designator to specify morning and afternoon. You may enter AM and PM in either upper-case or lower-case. Noon is 12 PM.
- +/-: Click the + button to add additional time worked on the same day. For example, if you took a meal break and need to clock in/out again. Click the - button to delete an entire row of entries.
- Comment: Optional: You may leave a comment by clicking and filling out the comment field.
- Submit: When ready, click the submit button to submit your Timesheet.
- Reported Time: The Reported Time Status section should now indicate the total hours recorded on the timesheet and detailed information about the reported hours.
By clicking the 2 vertical lines in the middle of the page, you can hide the Time menu on the left.
Time will be rounded to the nearest quarter hour increments in Payable Time. For example, if a punch in time is 7:25, it will round to 7:30. If a punch out time is 3:20, it will round to 3:15. Payable Time entries will be shown with the following decimals:
Payable Time Detail:
The Payable Time Detail screen allows you to view previously entered time, as well as find out if your supervisor has approved your time.
Time will not show in Payable Time Detail until after the Time Administration process has successfully run which may take a couple hours.
From the Employee Self-Service homepage, click the Time tile. On the left-hand menu, click Payable Time Detail. If you have multiple jobs, please select the job you wish to view your submitted time for.
The default Start Date and End Date will be the Sunday and Saturday of the current week. To view a different time period, enter different dates in the Start and End Date fields, then click the refresh icon. Note that you can view a period of up to 6 months at a time.
- If the Status says Needs Approval, this means that your supervisor has not yet approved your time.
- If the Status says Approved, this means that your supervisor has approved your time and it will be paid in the next payroll cycle.
- If the Status says Closed with a Reason Code of Not Distributed, this means that the time has already been processed on a paycheck.
- If the Status says Rejected and it's time that has not been processed through payroll yet, please disregard this status and the time will be paid in the next payroll.
In summary, it is the responsibility of the student to enter time worked each day. After a manager approves the time, it will be paid in accordance with the payroll schedule.