MaineStreet User ID and Password
You will use your UMS ID and password to log in to the MaineStreet portal. If you already use a maine.edu email account, then you have already activated your UMS Account. If you need to activate your UMS Account, follow the instructions on this webpage: accounts.maine.edu Note: If you need help with your User ID and/or password, call the IT User Services Help line at 1-800-696-4357.
Enrolling in Benefits
Open Enrollment this year is from November 1, 2022 to November 21, 2022. Changes that are made during Open Enrollment are in effect for January 1st, 2023.
Employees will be contacted by the UMS Employee Benefits Center via an email to email@example.com email account. The email will contain important benefits information.
To begin enrollment:
- Log into your MyCampus account at mycampus.maine.edu.
- From MyCampus, click on the "MaineStreet" dropdown. From here, click on "Employee Self Service:
- This will bring you into MaineStreet. From here, click on "Open Enrollment"
- On the "Benefits Enrollment" tab, you will see a table with the event description, event date, your job title, and a "Start" button. Click on the "Start" button.
- This will bring you to your benefits enrollment pages, with boxes ranging from "Flex Spending Health" to medical/dental/vision insurances, as well as life insurances and retirement contributions. To enroll in medical insurances, click on the box that is titled "Medical"
- This area will have three different sections. At the top, it will have important information regarding medical plans, documents required for dependent verification, as well as wellness information. The middle will have dependents, and an "Add/Update Dependent" button to add new dependents. At the bottom, you will have a table that shows the different plans available to you. To add a dependent, click on the "Add/Update Dependent".
- On the next page, at the top, click on "Add Individual"
- A form will populate. Click on the "Add Name" button in the top left-hand corner to fill out their name. Complete the "Personal Information Section" and "Address" sections. In "National ID", click "Add National ID" and select the correct country (either US or Canada) that holds your national ID. This will either be a social security number, or social insurance number. If you do not have either, please contact the Employee Benefits Center. Lastly, fill out phone and email information if able.
- Click the green "Save" button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Once this is done, you will be brought back to the "Dependent and Beneficiary Information" page. At the top right-hand corner, to the right of "Dependent and Beneficiary Information" press the gray "X" Icon. This will bring you back to the Medical page.
- You will now see your new dependent listed on this page, with a checkoff box to the left of their name. If you want them to be on your medical insurance, check that box off.
- At the bottom of the screen, enroll in the plan you have selected by clicking the "Select" box to the left of the plan name.
- Click the green "Done" button in the top right-hand corner.
- Repeat for dental and vision.
- When finished, click the green "Select Enrollment" button at the top of the enrollment page. A warning will come up, click "done". Your status will switch to "entered", and you will be submitted!
View Current Enrollments
Employees currently enrolled in benefits may view their enrollment information online anytime. Simply log in to MaineStreet and navigate to Employee Self-Service > Benefits > Benefits Summary.