Description: The University of Maine System (UMS) encourages employees to take advantage of a direct deposit of their paycheck into the bank account(s) of their choice. Certain collective bargaining contracts require direct deposit and failure to do so could lead to disciplinary action. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain current, accurate data.
Step by Step Guide To Start or Update Direct Deposit
Step 1 Contact your financial institution to obtain your bank's routing number and your account number(s).
Step 2 Log in to https://mainestreet.maine.edu, (use Internet Explorer for best results) and click Employee Self-Service > Pay> Direct Deposit. You will see a list of your current accounts, if any.
Step 3 To update an existing account click anywhere on the line of the appropriate account that you would like to edit. To set up a new direct deposit account, click the + icon.
Step 4 Ensure the following information is entered accurately:
- Nickname: Enter a Nickname of your account (only you will see this information).
- Payment Method: leave as default - Direct Deposit
- Routing Number: Enter your bank’s Routing Number.
- Account Number: Check Edit Account Number if you wish to change the account number on file.
- Retype Account Number: Enter your Account Number (in Edit mode, XXX.s will be displayed; type over with new information or leave as is if the Account Number is not changing) . Retype Account Number to confirm accuracy.
- Account Type: Select Checking or Savings
- Deposit Type: Select Percent, Amount or Remaining Balance
Amount: Select this option if you want a fixed dollar amount to be deposited.
Percent: Select this option if you want a specific percentage of net pay to be deposited.
Remaining Balance: Select this option if the balance your net pay is to be deposited.
- Amount or Percent: Enter the Amount or Percent to be deposited per pay period. (leave blank if Balance was selected)
- Save: click the green Save button
Reorder Direct Deposits
Click Reorder to change the Deposit Order (lowest number processes first).
- Type in the New Order field the number in which you want your deposits processed
- Remaining Balance should be last.