Complete this checklist to determine if your workstation is properly set up. If not, use the "4 Steps to Setting Up Your Computer Workstation" guide to help you make adjustments.
- Are your feet supported on the floor or on a footrest?
- Are your hips against the back of the chair?
- Is the backrest adjusted to support your back?
- Is your seat long enough and wide enough to support your hips and thighs?
- If you have armrests, do they allow you to rest your arms comfortably?
- Can you pull up close to your desk or keyboard without hitting your armrest?
- Is the keyboard within easy reach?
- Is your pointing device within easy reach and close to the keyboard?
- Is the most frequently used section of the keyboard positioned directly in front of you?
- Are you sitting directly in front of your screen?
- Can you view the screen using a slight downward gaze without raising or lowering your chin?
- Is the screen at least an arm's length distance from you?
- Are your source documents positioned on a stand between the monitor and keyboard, or on a stand close to the monitor?
- Can you view the monitor without seeing glare on the screen?