This document outlines how to Activate your University Account.
See a screenshot walkthrough here (Hold the Ctrl key while clicking to open in a new tab)
- Go to the User Account Managment page – click on the "Activate your account" link.
- You will see the words "Activation Key Required" in parentheses
- Enter your student identification number
- This is a unique 7 digit number assigned to you by the University.
- Enter your activation key
- This is a case sensitive alphanumeric code either sent to you after registration or given to you by Techsupport.
- Press continue.
- You will have to enter your student id number and activation key on the next page.
- You will then be prompted to create a new password.
- The password must be at least eight characters long with at least one number and one capital letter; the number can not be the first character (example: P@ssword01).
- You will be prompted to enter three questions and answers.
- The three questions can all be the same and you must complete all three.
- Please remember that you may not need to answer these questions for 3 or 4 years. Try and avoid anything time sensitive or with too many possible ways to answer. It may not be the best idea to enter the question "What did I have for breakfast today?". "What town was I born in?" may be a better choice.
- Click on activate account.
- If all information was entered properly, you will get a congratulations screen with your username and University email address.
Remember once your password has been activated it may take up to an hour before you are able to log in with the UMS ID for some systems.