Galleries are grouped collections of Gallery Images. You may create multiple galleries to suit your needs.
Gallery Image thumbnails display on a Gallery page, with a Start Slideshow button at the top which launches a modal popup to navigate through the gallery.
Unlike most other content types, Galleries require two separate steps:
Step 1: Create the Gallery placeholder
Step 2: Add Gallery Images
Don't forget to link it
Like some other content types, Galleries will not automatically appear on your site pages when you publish them. You will need to link to each Gallery from another page, from content on your department homepage, or from the sidebar navigation.
Clicking the Start Slideshow link will launch an in-browser slideshow, with the following options:
- View Image Details: Closes slideshow and opens same window with image, title and description
- View Full Size: Closes slideshow and opens new window with full-sized image
- "X": Close the slideshow
- "||": Pause the slideshow
- When paused, this image will change to a "Play" button (right-facing triangle) to resume slideshow
- "<", ">": Hovering over image will reveal arrows to move forward or backward through slideshow
Slideshows currently show only the images on the current page, not the entire gallery.