Office Hours Exceptions (for vacations, breaks, or other times an office is closed's hours change) can be entered ahead of time to display beneath the Office Hours. In addition, exceptions can display in the Today's Hours block (in the sidebar) on the date of the exception.
Steps for adding Office Hours Exceptions to Office Hours:
- Create an Office Hours Exception item for the date in which your hours will change (see field descriptions below).
- Save and Publish the item.
- Edit the Office Hours page for your site (usually titled "Location and Hours"), scroll to the Exceptions field, and select the Office Hours Exception item(s) to attach it to the page. Multiple exceptions can be selected by using CTRL-click.
- Save and Publish the Office Hours page.
The following fields apply to Office Hours Exceptions
- Title: (Required) Brief title of exception
- Date: (Required) The date range to which the Exception applies to
- Hours:(Required) Plain text entry of hourshours – this is the text that will display in the Today's Hours block on the date of the exception.
- Ex: "10:00AM - 2:00PM"; "Closed"; etc.