Complete the request form. The Listserv admin with receive notification and create the list on lists.maine.edu. All choice points are explained on that form.You will be asked for the following information:
- Name of the list
- Must be one word; dashes are permitted (e.g. ums-my-great-list)
- The list name will be its mailbox (email@example.com)
- List names cannot be changed ... anything else can be changed
- Please include a campus prefix as follows
- UMaine: um
- Augusta: uma
- Farmington: umf
- Fort Kent: umfk
- Machias: umm
- Presque Isle: umpi
- Southern Maine: usm
- System: ums
- Title of the list. A short description of the list.
- List purpose: While a purpose is not required including one helps keep the list on task. The purpose statement should be a few sentences or a paragraph in length.
- Will this be an announcement list or discussion list? Would a Google Group fulfill your needs?
- Open or closed subscription? (How are subscriptions to the list handled).
- Private or publicly listed on UMS's Listserv portal
- Who is the list sponsor if not the requestor? The sponsor must be a System employee.
- Will there be additional owners? You will need their email addresses.
- Who can post messages to the list?
Once the list is created for you, you will be pointed to detailed instructions for managing your list.
You will also need to go to lists.maine.edu and create a login and password (if you don't already have one). (This can be your MaineStreet credentials, but is not directly connected. If you change your MaineStreet password, your lists.maine.edu password will NOT update!) If you use more than one email address to post to the list each address must have posting privileges.