Note: before you can add users to your site, they must login to the CMS once.
Contributors to your site will have one of three statuses: Member, Publisher, or Admin. Group Admins can perform the user management tasks below.
Login to the CMS at http://cms.usm.maine.edu/user and choose My Groups/ View Members.
Member is the lowest permission level. Members can author content, but cannot publish it. They cannot manage the list of site users. To add members to your site, choose the Add members tab. Type in the UMS ID of each user, and click Add users.
Publisher is the next permission level. Publishers can author and publish content, but they cannot manage the list of site users. To grant a member the Publisher role, choose Configure roles and check the group publisher checkbox next to the user's ID. Click Save.
Granting Admin Status
Admin is the highest level of permission available. The Admin role is reserved for regular USM staff members and should be granted with caution. Group Admins may author and publish content. They may also add members, grant Admin status to members, and remove members from the group entirely. To grant Admin status, choose List and click Admin: create next to a user's ID.
|Table of Contents|
View the Members of a given group in one of two ways:
- From the My Groups screen, click the View Members link for the desired group
- From within a group, click the Group Member List link in the Admin Tools menu
To add a user to your group:
New users to the CMS must login once BEFORE they may be added to a group.
- Click the Add People link
- Enter the UMS (MaineStreet) login of each user
Ex: "william.d.blais", "alfred.newman", etc.
- Check the desired roles for the user
NOTE: Not assigning any roles will add the user as a Member (see 'User Roles', above)
- Click Add users
To edit the role(s) of a current user in your group:
- Click the Edit link for that user
- Check/Uncheck the desired roles for the user
- NOTE: Not assigning any roles will add the user as a Member (see 'User Roles', above)
- Click Update membership
To remove a user from your group:
- Click the 'Edit' link next to the desired user
- On the next page, click the 'Remove' link next to the 'Update membership' button
- Confirm the removal on the next screen