While this does mean there is less initial flexibility for designing the look and feel of a particular page or sub-site (see ?Sub-Site Homepage Layout Options), it allows the college to present a unified and consistent appearance to our visitors, regardless of where they are within the site.
Click the links below to learn how to create/edit each of the content types.
|Table of Contents|
List of Editable Content Types
- Accordion Pages
- Audio (Embedded)
- Catalog Degree Supplemental
- Department Carousel Slides
- Department Contact Block
- Department Information Blocks
- Department Navigation Additional Links
- Galleries (Image Collections)
- ?Gallery Images
- ?Location & Hours
- News Items
- Office Hours and
- Office Hours Exceptions
Including: Advising, Course List, Departments, Financial Aid, Outreach, Overview, Programs, Research, Services, etc.
- Promo Items
- Quick Links and Resources
- Slideshow Slide
- ?Social Dashboard Links
- Video (Embedded)
Including: Contact Us
Pre-Created Pages (
Several ? Page content types (plus Contact Us, which is a ? Webform) are created by default when a sub-site is created, depending on whether or not the site is for an academic group. These pages make up the list of links in the a group's Sub-Site Navigation . These (in the left column of a group). The majority of these pages are not published when the site is created, however, and their links will not appear in the left-side navigation until the pages published.
To edit and publish these pages, you must use go to the ?Content List (filter , filter on the "Page" Type to narrow the result), click on the desired page, and edit/publish as desired.
The following table shows which content areas items are created by default for each group type, and which of those content areas are published.
Degrees & Certificates*
Location & Hours
Location & Hours
Unpublished examples of all the other content types also are created, which may be edited/published/removed as desired.
All Publishers and Admins will have the Admin Tools menu on the right side of every editable page of their sub-site.
The Admin Tools links are for creating NEW content only. To edit existing content:
- Navigate to existing content and click Edit current/latest tab, or
- Click Content List link to locate the existing content
* Asterisks indicate aggregate views, or pages that are collections of other types (e.g., there is no editable 'Degrees & Certificates' content type. Instead, that page automatically pulls in all the published Degrees & Certificates items, listing it alphabetically).
Admin Tools menu
The Admin Tools menu appears in the right column and provides quick links for creating new content (to edit existing content, navigate to desired item as normal or go to the Content List to search for the content).
- Group Home [links to group's landing page]
- Group Member List
- Group Content List
- CMS Documentation [new window link to this manual]
- Create Catalog Degree Supplemental
- Create Department Carousel Slides
- Create Department Information Blocks
- Create Embedded Audio
- Create Event
- Create Faculty
- Create Gallery
- Create Gallery Image
- Create News Item
- Create Office Hours Exception
- Create Page
- Create Social Dashboard Links
- Create Staff
- Create Webform
- Create Embedded Video (YouTube)