Select the Insert Image button.
The Image Properties screen appears
Select the File Browser to upload an image from your computer, flash drive or from the network. The File Browser is located There are two ways to add images to the CMS:
|Table of Contents|
Adding Images to Text Editor/WYSIWYG field
For images uploaded via the File Browser (in the Text Editor or from the My Accounts page), the file must be smaller than 8 MB in size (this is true for all file types, not just images).
1. Click the Insert Image button to launch the Insert/edit image popup.
2. Click the File Browser button to the right of the Image URL field.
3. The File Browser screen lists all the existing files you or other members of your Group have added.
Selecting the Upload feature allows you to add to the directory any image file you do not already have.
When you have selected the image you wish to use, select Insert File to go back to the Image Properties Screen.
When uploading images, always enter an image description in the Image Description field so that screen readers and other accessibility programs can describe the image to users with visual disabilities. Image Description information is also indexed by search engines.
If you are a member of multiple groups, those other group folders will also appear here.
4. (Optional) Click Upload to add a file from your computer to the group's directory.
5. Select the desired image and click Insert file, which will return you to the Insert/edit image popup.
6. Make sure your image has a relevant Title and Description
(See Image Attribute Guidelines)
7. Click the Insert button at the bottom of the popup window to insert the image into the Text Editor.
Edit Image BEFORE Uploading (Text fields)
For images added to Text fields, remember to resize the image first and then use the appropriate Float option.
Adding Images to Specific Image Fields
- Use either Upload or File browser to get the desired image
- Upload (default)
- Click Browse
- Find and select the image on your computer
- Click Upload
- File Browser
- Click File browser link to browse for the file from files already in the system, as described steps 3-5 from Text Editor instructions, above.
- Upload (default)
- After the file is uploaded, a thumbnail of the image and an Alternate Text field will replace the Upload/File browser field
- Enter Alternate Text (see Image Attribute Guidelines)
(or click Remove to clear the image and upload or browse for a new one)
Edit Image BEFORE Uploading (Image fields)
Images larger than the requirements will work fine as long as they are proportional (if the requirements are 225x225 (a square), then an uploaded image of 500x500, 946x946, etc., will be okay because it is still a square).
Larger images that are not proportional will be resized first to the appropriate width, then cropped from the middle, potentially cutting off important parts of the image.
Example: If the image requirements are 550x244 and the image is 550x450, the resulting image is still taller than 244 pixels (as with standard photos and any portrait-orientation images), any extra content will be cropped:
- After Upload:
See Image Editing for info on easy image editing options.