How to use Papercut as administrator?
1. Go to: https://print.usm.maine.edu:9192/admin
2. Entire your UMS (MaineStreet) ID
the next page is the Papercut Dashboard.
From this page you can:
- See printing statistics
- See current printer status for all online printers
- See a real time printing log
- Tabed options for Papercut tasks
3. Click on the printers tab, this is the only tab most admin users will have rights to use, and allows you to monitor, and release print jobs.
4. The printer list shows all UMS online/offline printers
5. If a student/faculty puts a item on hold, use the Jobs pending release tab to release. Multiple jobs can relesead as a group by using the release all button.
6. Often students/faculty do not see there print job, and they ask why? Use the Job Log tab to identify:
- Who printed
- Which printer the print job went to
- How many pages printed
- The cost of the print job
- The name of the document with file extension
- The status: this is important, in this column you can look to see if the document has printed yet, or if printing was denied, this commonly occurs when the account has insufficient funds available.
Printed means the print job is in the queue but not printed yet
Printed + Checked means the print job has successfully printed
Denied + not charged means the print job failed