The Web CMS has 3 primary roles:
- Group Member
- Group Publisher
- Group Admin
Users may belong to one or more Groups, and one or more roles within a group.
The Group Admin role should be reserved for regular faculty and staff employees of the university. Do not give Group Admin roles to any user who is not faculty or staff, since that user will then have complete control over the group site, including the ability to remove all other users (such as other Group Admins).
Roles pertaining to the management of the academic catalog (editing degrees, etc.) are discussed here .
View the Members of a given group in one of two ways:
- From the My Groups screen, click the View Members link for the desired group
- From within a group, click the Group Member List link in the Admin Tools menu
To add a user to your group:
First time CMS users
New users to the CMS must login once BEFORE they may be added to a group.
- Click the Add People link
- Enter the UMS (MaineStreet) login of each user
Ex: "william.d.blais", "alfred.newman", etc.
- Check the desired roles for the user
NOTE: Not assigning any roles will add the user as a Member (see 'User Roles', above)
- Click Add users
To edit the role(s) of a current user in your group:
- Click the Edit link for that user
- Check/Uncheck the desired roles for the user
- NOTE: Not assigning any roles will add the user as a Member (see 'User Roles', above)
- Click Update membership
To remove a user from your group:
- Click the 'Edit' link next to the desired user
- On the next page, click the 'Remove' link next to the 'Update membership' button
- Confirm the removal on the next screen