News Items appear on the group homepage above Events (if present). The 10 most recent News Items will display in the homepage carousel, followed by a 'See all news' link which brings users to the list of all News Items. They are automatically included on the site-wide News & Events page, but they differ from Events in a two important ways:
- News Items are automatically dated when they are published (see Scheduling Content)
- News Item excerpts appear on the group home page
Generally speaking, News Items refer to the past and Events are in the future.
Create a News Item
- Title:(Required) Title of News Item
- Body:(Required) Use the Text Editor to enter the description, images, etc.
- Excerpt:(Required) A short summary of the news item, used in the home page listing
Teaser Image:(DEPRECATED) DO NOT USE - For old theme only
- Teaser Image - Large Format: Image to be used in listing
- Minimum dimensions: 500x286
- Appears in Homepage, Excerpt and Detail views
Avoid duplicating images
Do not add a copy of the Teaser Image to the Body of the News Item, as it will appear twice: