Starting Dec 2012, new functionality was added to the CMS to allow for the complete creation, update and online publication of the Academic Catalogs within the CMS.
This was done for 2 basic reasons:
- To provide consistent content to our audiences
- The catalogs are considered the University's contract with its students, so wherever a student finds degree information, for example, that information should be consistent
- To leverage existing CMS functionality
- Most of the content was already in the CMS, allowing us to do away with multiple Word docs, spreadsheets, etc. and enabling departments to simply update the existing content, rather than starting from scratch each time
- Implement a staged process
- Lock degree content between department sites and 'official' catalog site
- Add functionality for flexibililty (Supplemental Content)
A brief PowerPoint presentation can be found here:NewCatalogTool_Overview.pptx
How do I...?