Staff pages contain basic contact information, as well as the option to include more detailed biographical information and the ability to upload images and resume files.
Staff pages, like ?Faculty pages, are automatically included on the sub-site's People page, as well as on the full Faculty and Staff Directory pages, as soon as they are published (and removed when unpublished).
- Complete and Current: Be sure to update Office Hours each semester, phone changes, etc.
- No page, No search: Faculty members without pages will not be found in a search within the CMS (unless separately listed in other content)
- Multiple entries necessary: Faculty teaching in different departments must have separate pages for each department site
Creating a Staff page
- Prefix: Select from the following options:
Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms.
- First Name: (Required)
- Last Name: (Required)
- Staff Title: (Required) This is basically a job title or position. For example, "Reference Librarian", "Administrative Assistant", etc.
- Photo: The placeholder image may be replaced by clicking Remove, then uploading the faculty image
See Portrait Image Dimensions, below
- Office Address: (Required) Street/Office address
- Contact Phone: (Required) Full phone number, including zip code.
- Contact Email: (Required) Be sure this is typed correctly, as the field is not currently validated.
- Bio: Enter any additional personal or professional information, if desired
See ?Using the Text (WYSIWYG) Editor
- Resume: Upload a Resume, if desired
Must be either TXT or PDF format, and no larger than 2 MB
- Personal Web site: Enter the full URL of the external personal site, beginning with "http://"
- Blog: Enter the full URL, beginning with "http://"
Add a Portrait Image
Images on faculty/staff bio pages must be at least 148 x 178 px (vertical) and no larger than 2 MB.
Images larger than 148x178 will be resized and cropped to fit.
Portrait, not Landscape
Images larger than 148x178 will first be resized down to 178 pixels high. If the resulting image is then wider than 148 pixels, the extra content on the right side of the image will be cropped (cut off)
See Also: ?Managing Images