When published, Slideshow Slides appear at the top of the Group Home page. The images and their captions will rotate in a continuous cycle. Individual slides may be accessed via numbered links beneath the slide.
Keep slides manageable
There may be up to 11 separate slides, but it is best to use 3-5 slides, to ensure visibility.
No slides, no slideshow
If there are no published slides, the slideshow placeholder will be replaced by the content beneath it on the page.
See the Without Slideshow section of ?Sub-Site Layout Options, for examples
Create a Slide
Slides have an image, a caption and a weight, with optional entries for a link and alternate text.
- Title: (Required) For your reference only; not displayed to viewers
- Image: (Required) Upload from your computer, or File Browser to select from an image previously uploaded to the CMS
- See Image size requirements, below
- See ??Managing Images, for editing tips
- Remember Alternate Text for each slide (see ?Image Attribute Guidelines)
- Link: (Optional) If entered, will bring user to specified page when image or caption is clicked
- Must be manually entered with the non-CMS URL
- See Exceptions of ?Managing Links, for more info
- Caption: (Required) Text visible to the right of the slide
- Only about 150 characters will be displayed
- See ?Image Attribute Guidelines for examples
- Weight: (Required) Indicates order, from 0-10 (0 = first, 10=last)
- Defaults to 0
- Remember to select a weight for each slide: If multiple slides have the same weight, they will be ordered according to when they were first created, which is not always clear (lower Node numbers in the ?Content List indicate older items)
Image size requirements
Slideshow Slides are 550px wide by 244px high, though submitted images must be at least 551x245 in size.
- Use landscape-oriented (wide) rather than portrait (tall) images whenever possible
- Size your image as close to 551x245 pixels as possible, but no smaller
The system automatically crops (cuts down) images to the 550x244 dimensions, which can cause the loss of important parts of the image.
Any images less than OR EQUAL TO the dimensions of 550x244 will not be accepted.