Contributors to your site will have one of three statuses: Member, Publisher, or Admin (see User Roles).
All users may:
Only Group Admins may:
NOTE: A single user may be added to any multiple groups and that user may be assigned different roles for each of those different groups.
For example, Amanda Jones may have all of the following roles, as granted by the Admins of the respective groups:
- Group Member of the "Engineering Department" Group
- Group Publisher of the "College of Science, Technology and Health" Group
- Group Publisher of the "Admission" Group
- Group Admin of the "Financial Aid Office" Group
Member is the lowest permission level. Members can author content, but cannot publish it. They cannot manage the list of site users.
To add members to your site:
- Choose the Add members tab
- Type in the UMS ID of each user
NOTE: Multiple users may be added, with each ID separated by a comma (",")
- Click Add users.
Note: Before users may be added to a group, they must first login to the CMS once (at http://cms.usm.maine.edu/user)
Publisher is the next permission level. Publishers can author and publish content, but they cannot manage the list of site users.
To grant a member the Publisher role:
- Click the Configure roles tab
- Check the group publisher checkbox next to the user's ID
NOTE: un-checking the box will revert the user to a Member role
- Click Save
Grant Admin Status
Admin is the highest level of permission available. Group Admins may author and publish content. They may also add members, grant Admin status to members, and remove members from the group entirely.
IMPORTANT: The Admin role is reserved for regular USM staff members and should be granted with caution.
To grant/revoke Admin status:
- Choose List
- Click Admin: Create next to a user's ID
NOTE: Clicking Admin: Remove will remove the Admin role from any current Admins