The Department Carousel Slide is a new content type that is used to populate the subsite homepage with informational or promotional content within a carousel widget. (Alternately, promotional content may also be displayed in the Department Information Block areas of the homepage.)
- Before June training:
- Plan how you will organize your site's promotional content using Department Carousel Slides.
- Assemble images and develop caption copy for each item.
- After June training:
- Create new Department Carousel Slides on the live website as needed.
- Add information to the following fields as needed:
- Title: required, up to 60 characters
- Image: required, minimum dimensions 910px x 575px
- Caption: required, plain text field of up to 200 characters
- Button Label: optional, select list of text options:
Sign Up Now
Button Destination: optional, plain text field of up to 255 characters. The button will only display if both the Button Label field and the Button Destination field have values.
- Weight: required, used for the slide order; up to 6 Carousel Slides will display
- Save changes and publish. Items will not be visible in the live site but will be visible on the beta server during the Beta Review period.