Unlike coding straight HTML, the Web CMS uses pre-defined and pre-formatted content types that you add your content to.
While this does mean there is less initial flexibility for designing the look and feel of a particular page or sub-site (see Sub-Site Layout), it allows the college to present a unified and consistent appearance to our visitors, regardless of where they are within the site.
List of Editable Content Types
- Audio (Embedded)
- Catalog Degree Supplemental
- Department Carousel Slide
- Department Contact Block
- Department Information Block
- Department Navigation Additional Links
- Galleries (Image Collections)
- Gallery Images
- Location & Hours
- News Items
- Office Hours
- Office Hours and Exceptions
Including: Advising, Departments, Financial Aid, Outreach, Overview, Programs, Research, Services, etc.
- Social Dashboard Link
- Video (Embedded)
Including: Contact Us
Pre-Created Pages (Sub-Site Navigation)
Several Page content types (plus Contact Us, which is a Webform) are created by default when a sub-site is created, depending on whether or not the site is for an academic group. These pages make up the list of links in a group's Sub-Site Navigation (in the left column of a group). The majority of these pages are not published when the site is created, however, and their links will not appear in the left-side navigation until the pages published.
To edit and publish these pages, you must go to the Content List, filter on the "Page" Type, click on the desired page, and edit/publish as desired.
The following table shows which items are created by default for each group type, and which of those content areas are published.
Degrees & Certificates*
Location & Hours
Location & Hours
* Asterisks indicate aggregate views, or pages that are collections of other types (e.g., there is no editable 'Degrees & Certificates' content type. Instead, that page automatically pulls in all the published Degrees & Certificates items, listing it alphabetically).
Admin Tools menu
The Admin Tools menu appears in the right column and provides quick links for creating new content.
- CMS Documentation [new window link to this manual]
- Create Catalog Degree
- Create Catalog Page
- Create Catalog Degree Supplemental
- Create Department Carousel Slide
- Create Department Information Block
- Create Embedded Audio
- Create Event
- Create Faculty
- Create Gallery
- Create Gallery Image
- Create News Item
- Create Office Hours Exception
- Create Page
- Create Social Dashboard Link
- Create Staff
- Create Webform
- Create Embedded Video (YouTube)