Instructions on how to add a University Printer to a Windows computer that has not been connected to the UMS Active Directory (UAD.maine.edu).
- download the umsinstallprinter.zip file
- find the zip file in your Downloads folder
- extract all to unzip the files
- browse inside the unzipped folders and find the InstallPrinter.exe file
- right-click InstallPrinter.exe and choose Run As Administrator
- accept the security warning and allow the utility to continue
- choose what location you want to browse for printers (UMA, UMM, UMS, USM, etc)
- scroll for the printer you want to install, select it with your mouse, and click OK (or double-click on the correct printer)
- allow the utility to install printer drivers (if required), and the printer itself
- the utility will indicate when it is finished, please run it again if you want to add another printer
In order to configure your printer driver for the correct features, the following items must be added to each printer:
- cassette feeding unit, inner finisher-D1
- cassette feeding unit, inner finisher-E1
- staple finisher-P1, 2/3 holes external puncher
Department ID Accounting
IF this particular printer has accounting enabled (check with your campus IT personnel), you will need to activate that feature on the printer driver.
Once the printer is installed, you must now enter your Department Code into its settings:
- Click The START button (round button with Windows flag logo) and select "Devices and Printers"
- Find the icon representing the printer you just installed and Right-Click on it.
- Select "Printer Properties" from the context menu that appears next to the mouse cursor.
- In the Properties window select the "Device Settings" tab.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Enter your assigned Department Code in BOTH the Department ID and the Password fields. Contact your supervisor, department head, or division chair for your group's code.
(Don't bother clicking the "Verify" button. It won't work due to the way these printers are secured.)
- Click "OK" on this and the Properties window.
- You are now able to print!
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.