The 'Catalog Page' type is an extension of the regular 'Page' type, created specifically for inclusion in the published academic catalog. Some examples are general overview pages and course list pages for individual departments (English Overview, English Course List), as well as administrative pages (Financial Aid, The University Core, etc.).
Catalog Page versus regular Page
The functionality and fields are largely the same between the two, with 2 exceptions:
- Catalog Pages are not publishable at will; only when the Academic Catalog is published each May. See Catalog Stages.
- 2 new fields have been added
- Catalog Assignment (see below)
- Status (see below)
Create/Edit a Catalog Page
To create or edit a page, you must:
Use the "List Department Content" link in the Catalog Tools menu to see only the Catalog content for your department, and to quickly see which items are 'Ready' and which are not.
- Navigate to an existing page via the Content List and click the 'Edit latest' tab
Or Click 'Create Catalog page' under Admin Tools
- Edit the fields as desired (* = required)
- Catalog Assignment *
Where page should appear (Undergraduate, Graduate or Both)
- Title *
Title of page
- Body *
The content of the page. See the regular Pages type for more information on editing and use
- Status (Ready for Submission)
When finished with all edits for an upcoming catalog, check this box to indicate that content is ready.
NOTE: If the Ready for Submission box is not checked prior to the Stage 1 deadline, this degree will not be published or included in the catalog.
- Click 'Save'
REMINDER: 'Publish' is not available for Catalog Pages
To see a side-by-side comparison between any 2 versions, go to the Revisions tab, check the boxes for any 2 revisions, and click the 'Compare' button. The comparison view currently displays the raw HTML which can be confusing, but any changes are highlighted in red for easier reference.
|Revisions Tab 'Compare' button (click to zoom)||Comparison View (click to zoom)|
Remove a Catalog Page
- Make sure the 'Ready for Submission' checkbox is empty before the end of Stage 1
- When the new catalog is published, the 'un-ready' page will be unpublished
- The page will not be deleted, in case it returns at a later point; however, if a page does need to be permanently deleted, contact the Catalog Admin.