There are four types of links in the CMS:
Some content types (such as Staff and Faculty pages, Slideshow Images, etc.) have fields for links which must be entered manually, and which are not validated by the system
- External links must be fully qualified
- Remember to include the "http://..." prefix
- Internal links must use the external facing URL
- "http://usm.maine.edu/...", NOT "http://cms.usm.maine.edu/..."
- To get the external facing URL, open an IE browser window and navigate to the desired content without logging in