These instructions are for USM Laptop printing. If you need Maine LAW laptop printing, see PaperCut Client not working with OS X 10.12 - LAWLAPTOP
0. Your computer must be registered on and connected to the "tempest" wireless network, not MaineEDU-Guest.
1. Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners
2. In the panel on the left, if you see an existing "Law Laptop Printer" or "USM Laptop Printer" click on it once to select it and press the "-" icon in the lower left to delete the existing printer.
3. To add the USM Laptop Printer, do the following:
a. Press the "+" icon in the lower left.
b. In the Add window select "IP"
c. In "Address" enter: printing.usm.maine.edu
d. In "Protocol" choose:
Internet Printing Protocol - IPP
e. In "Queue" enter:
f. In "Name" delete "printing.usm.maine.edu
" and enter:
USM Laptop Printer
g. "Location" is blank
h. In "Use" select:
Generic PostScript Printer
i. Press "Add" and DO NOT check "Duplex Printing Unit" in the next window. Then press "OK".
4. The application program that is required for laptop printing is available at https://maine.box.com/s/pdqgqf6x0ih46s111vvgs0wjtz29uuhr
or goo.gl/W5hmBN . (Just press the Download button after logging in.)
a. It's called "PCClient.app.zip". First, double-click on it to decompress it to just "PCClient.app". Then drag the PCClient.app program to your Applications folder (in the Finder, select Go > Applications to open the Applications folder). You can discard the compressed "PCClient.app.zip" file after you copy the "PCClient.app" program to the Applications folder.
b. BEFORE YOU PRINT, you must open the "PCClient.app" program. The first time you run the program, you may have to right-click (or control-click) on the program and give it permission to Open.
c. Once the program is running, you can print.
d. Choose the document to print, and select the "USM Laptop Printer" from the print menu.
e. The attached four screens illustrate what you'll see after you log in with your ID to print.